Wednesday, January 18, 2017

I'm Still Here!

I don't know how many times I said to myself, I need to update the blog! It's been like 6 months, and a lot has happened between then and now.

The twins are now 17 months old, and giving me a run for my money! They are sweet, cute, cuddly, and wonderful but also full of trouble. They definitely keep me busy in a much different way than they did a year ago. Their personalities are awesome and completely different from each other. It's an adventure every day with them!

Easton is three and a half and is talking up a storm. I can't believe 6 months ago we were at the doctors getting referrals for a speech therapist. Now I can't shut him up. Today my husband walked by him and said, "Hi Easton, how are you?" to which Easton replies, "I'm fine, how are you?" Such a grown up boy! He is the sweetest little thing, constantly giving me compliments and kisses and telling me he loves me. He melts my heart daily. Of course, no three year old is complete without a few tantrums, but his are few and far between. He's an angel! I keep saying, firstborns are the best! (hmm, and I'm a firstborn... proves my point!) 

The latest development in the Hill family is the 4th (and final?) little Hill on the way! I will be 14 weeks tomorrow with our little bundle of joy and we will find out on Saturday what that bundle is! (I'm team pink! I need backup in this house full of men) This baby was definitely a surprise. We planned for a fourth but were still trying to figure out timing; we were hoping to have the twins potty trained before the 4th arrived. Buuuuttt, surprise! God has a better plan every time. We are very excited!

We were a little nervous going into the first appointment, worrying that my ovaries had been overachievers again. To our relief, the doc pointed out one sweet little baby. We weren't sure we could survive another set of twins...especially only 2 years apart. Knowing that this most likely would be our last, I really wanted to be able to enjoy this pregnancy a little more than the last. I'm quite confident after carrying twins, one will seem a bit easier. I have always enjoyed pregnancy anyway, especially since I never dealt with many issues. I was nauseous for about a month with this pregnancy but like it's supposed to, it has subsided as I enter my second trimester. I'm still a bit tired, but I blame that on the fact that coffee repulses me right now. I'm hoping that changes soon.

Here is the picture we used to announce the pregnancy to the world:


Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment