1. One precious baby girl. She's almost always on my mind lately. How can she not be with the jabs I'm feeling all day long. I don't mind though. I know feeling her move will be the #1 thing I miss about being pregnant. After all, this is my last! (I think...).
2. Two days until our ultrasound! I get to see my sweet girl's face in 3D in just two days! I am amazed at the technology that they have now. I mean, I will practically have her portrait before she comes into the world. It's kind of cheating, but I'm dying to see her! I had ultrasounds at least every month with the twins, but with this pregnancy I've only had three total, one of them being an elective scan to find out gender early. Now if I can somehow drink double the amount of fluids for the next two days, we can get better pictures. I might as well just hang out in the bathroom...
3. Three butts. I'm going to have three kids in diapers so soon. If the challenge of potty training twins didn't terrify me I'd attempt it before baby girl comes... but I don't think I have the patience for that right now. Instead, we'll just spend our retirement money on diapers... I hope one of the four kids will be extra sweet and caring and let us live in their basement when we're ninety.
4. Four walls to be painted, times two rooms. One gallon Pencil Sketch gray and one gallon Japanese Koi orange. I'm no interior designer so fingers crossed that they turn out like the picture I have in my head.
5. Five loads of laundry I should get done today. I won't, but I need to. If I'm having this much trouble keeping up now, what will I do when I add a newborn into the mix? Not only will I be busier, but will have another set of
6. Six weeks until my firstborn turns 4! How is that possible? I can't hardly remember life before him, but 4? He'll be starting Kindergarten next year (cue the ugly mommy sobs). I love the age he's at right now though. You can have such interesting conversations with him lately, and he says the funniest things. He picks up so many phrases from us and doesn't always use them correctly so it's hilarious. When all the kids are being crazy, my husband will say, "We're falling apart" and now Easton will do the same when the twins are going crazy. It's funny watching your 3 year old regurgitate your own words in his own way. I asked him yesterday what he wants for his birthday party and he said a race car birthday, or a tractor birthday, or a "Woody and Buzz Lightyear" birthday. He has quite the list of gifts he wants... he's just like his daddy. At the top of the list is a remote control Grave Digger monster truck (for a mere $75...yikes). Since I will be very, very pregnant at that point, he may have to settle a bit as far as the party goes. But thank God he's a very grateful boy and will love it all no matter what he gets.
7. Seven straight days of 12-hour shifts. That's what my husband just finished. I know he's gotta be exhausted... I know I am! I'm way to pregnant for that nonsense. These kids wear me out! I'm so grateful for how hard he works, though. If it wasn't for his drive and determination to provide for us, I would definitely have to at least work part time to make ends meet. He busts his butt so I can raise our kids. I snagged a good one!
8. Eight Weeks. That's all! Eight weeks until we meet our baby girl. Technically, since my c-section will scheduled one day before my due date, we're down to seven weeks, six days. What a mix of emotions. Thrilled and terrified at the same time. There are perks to having kids so close together, right? They will be best buddies and
💜 55 days!