Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Eager.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm ready for baby girl to be here, because I don't think I ever will be ready. Four kids four and under is not something you can prepare for, I don't think. But I can say I am eager. I am eager to meet her, hold her, dress her!, love her.

I feel like I'm at a standstill as far as preparation goes. It's a bit too early to start washing her clothes and blankets or packing a diaper bag. I normally would have at least painted her nursery by now but that requires kicking big bro Easton out of his room, and again, it's a little too early for that. I'm struggling to find anything constructive to do right now that will help me feel like I'm starting to get ready. I'm just eager. Waiting.  I mean, what is there to do at 28 weeks pregnant?

Yesterday I had the first of my every-two week appointments! How can I be there already? Even though it was a relatively boring appointment, I left there thanking God that it was boring- no things to worry about, no complications, nothing out of the ordinary. Praise Jesus. Her heartbeat was strong and beautiful and I found out I passed my glucose test! Again, praise Jesus. I did not want to have to take that again- yuck. I am a bit low on vitamin D but that can be remedied. And my third trimester heartburn showed up right on time last week so I'm taking something for that as well. Other than that, I'm doing great! For being almost 29 weeks pregnant and having three little boys running around my house, I'm doing darn well I think. I'm keeping up with them and the house for the most part and still sleeping well. I really have nothing to complain about.

Except maybe the weather. Seriously, I may not survive another week of 50's and rain. But that's just me being petty, I guess.

In other news, I have a small family "sprinkle" coming up for baby girl! I repeatedly told my mother and mother-in-law that it wasn't necessary... but I'm not going to lie, I'm excited for it! My church is throwing me a shower in June as well. The people in my life are so sweet and caring. I am blessed!

So anyway, for now I will be enjoying time with my boys and counting down the days until little missy's arrival! 78 to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment