Monday, July 27, 2015

Almost 38 Week Update

Well, I'm 37 weeks, 5 days, and still pregnant! We're getting REALLY close!!

Today was the day I originally chose to have my babies (as if I have any control over it... hahaha). Since it's now 10pm and I haven't had any contractions today, it's safe to say July 27th will not be my twins' birthday. In fact, I'm starting to doubt that it will happen in July. 

I had an appointment this morning, and this was an exciting one. I was supposed to have an ultrasound and then a cervix check, and I'd leave knowing the how's and when's of labor. The ultrasound was first, and that went wonderfully. The babies are healthy as can be! Growing well, good fluid, good blood and oxygen getting to them. They measured 6 lbs, 4 oz (Baby A) and 6lbs, 10 oz (Baby B). Yes, that's approximately 13 pounds of baby in my belly right now. Yowza. We also confirmed that Baby A's head is down and in position for birth... what a wonderful thing to hear!! I will be able to try laboring with these babies and hopefully get my VBAC! Baby B is still breech, but he wouldn't be our kid if he wasn't stubborn. Besides, we have a plan in place with the doc for that birth anyway. 

So after the ultrasound, I got ready to see the doctor. I had my first ever cervical check... how exciting! Haha. My husband was like "They are going to do what? Wait, the guy doctor? While I'm in the room? How far does he...?" You get the idea. It actually helped me relax by watching and laughing at him squirm. I'm not sure what this guy thinks labor is going to be like but I'm pretty sure he will be uncomfortable for most of it. Anyway... the doc says I'm about 50% effaced but no dilation. Bummer. I was a little disappointed. I know, it can happen quickly and I could go from 0-10cm in a matter of hours. I was just hoping I could have some sort of proof that labor wasn't too far off. 

So now, we wait. I feel like I've been doing that a lot lately. But I have to wait some more. If I have not had these babies by Monday, I will have another appointment and will have to talk induction. I'd really love to avoid induction (since most options add some extra risk to the VBAC) so I'm going to spend the week praying, walking, squatting, whatever I can do to speed this along! Ultimately, if babies and I are healthy, I will be happy with whatever happens!

Keep me in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment