Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Big Name Reveal!

As of this week, the Hill twins are 15 weeks from their due date! Depending on which app I look at, they are the size of heads of cauliflower, napa cabbage, or turnips.  My boys are about 14 inches head to toe, and around 2 pounds each! Finally, I can attribute some of this weight gain to them. Their lungs are still developing but they are to the point that they'd have a fighting chance if they were born today.

Also, the babies are enjoying their new sense of equilibrium. Hopefully, they are thinking head down, butt up is a comfortable position for the next few months. This is a big deal to me since I'm really hoping to attempt a VBAC.  Baby A needs to be head down for the doctors to even let me try a vaginal birth.

Speaking of Baby A... I don't call him that anymore. There is no more Baby A or Baby B. Those boys have names!!!! (Yeah, I know you already scrolled down, but I'll pretend you aren't a big cheater.)

After much painful discussion with my hubby, we've finally settled on two names. They are kind of unique, but easy to spell and say... some of my rules for baby names. It's so nice to be able to call them something. I don't know how people wait until after they give birth to decide. I'd end up naming my kid something stupid from the adrenaline and exhaustion of giving birth... like They just feel like they fit in the family when they have names ahead of time.

The poll I did was interesting. Lucas had the most votes of any name. I do like that name, but I'm a mean parent and want my kids to have more unique names. Plus, I know someone who is using that name for their son who will also be born in August.  Hudson and Jase did well too.  Jeremy wouldn't let me use Hudson. There were a lot of names I loved but he would say, "That's not a real name." Psshh.

So, here they are. The names of the newest Hill boys:


Nice, huh? We think so anyway. Tucker is such a cute little boy name. But it will grow with him... I can see it now... "And starting at quarterback is senior Tucker Hill!" or "CEO Tucker Hill donates $1,000,000 to his Mom because he loves her so much." And Maverick is kind of epic. I can almost guarantee that most of you don't know anybody named Maverick. But it is a real name! Pinterest told me so. Also, yes, my husband loves Top Gun.  Some people name their kids really meaningful names that tie in their faith, family, and values. Us? We just find names that sound awesome and go with it. Easton's name came from the company that makes arrows for compound bows. We were shooting our bows one day and said, "Hey, that's a sweet name."

Middle names are still being finalized. Those might have some more meaning/family history in them. Let me know what you think of the first names! But be nice, I'm pregnant and hormonal, you aren't allowed to say "eww, those are terrible names." I would cry.

Get ready world! Mav and Tuck Hill are going to be a big deal! With Easton as their ringleader, I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue at our house. It's going to be LEGEND- wait for it- DARY!

1 comment:

  1. Haha!! I love your last statement! They are definitely going to be legendary!! Love the names. They had my vote from the start!

    ReplyDelete