Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Over the Hill

Well, the halfway mark is in the rear view mirror and we're counting it down. Eighteen weeks, one day, if I were to go full term. My belly is huge, my babies are moving, and my energy is dwindling! Yesterday was the first day I kind of wanted to say, "Being pregnant sucks!" I'm very careful to say anything like that, though. So many people aren't able to experience the miracle of pregnancy and it would be so very inconsiderate to whine about my pregnancy aches. The joy of carrying a child far outweighs the aches and pains that come along with it.  But if we're honest, it's not always fun.

I had it in my mind to have everything done by 30 weeks. Painting, nursery decor, baby clothes washed and put away, deep house clean, gardens planted. I figured that by 30 weeks I would be starting to slow down. I don't know if it's the fact that I just spent the weekend at a youth convention with our church youth group, or if it's just starting earlier than I expected, but I am definitely starting to slow down.  Did I mention this belly is huge? I mean, I'm already looking like I am 30+ weeks (compared to my first pregnancy). By the time I hit 30 weeks, I'll need a crane to help me out of bed.

So now I feel like I need to get a lot done very quickly. Do you know what it is like to get something done with an almost 2 year old??? Nearly impossible. (Especially when he is this cute!)
I can hardly keep up with cleaning and laundry, let alone try and get painting and projects done! I'm sorry, I'm whining again. Whatever gets done will get done, and everything else will have to wait!

We're coming along with names. Picking two names is twice as hard, go figure. Jer and I can't seem to agree on anything. My names are too trendy, his names are too boring. And of course someone always knows SOMEONE with that name that you don't like. We have some front runners, though. Hopefully we can decide soon. I know we have time, but I hate calling my children A and B!

Here's a quick synopsis of my pregnancy this week:

How far along? 21 Weeks, 6 Days
How big are the peanuts? The size of papayas! Baby A weighs 13 oz and Baby B weighs 12 oz (as of last week's ultrasound)
Total weight gain/loss? Um yeah, no. I'll just say this... when I weighed in last week I almost cried.
Maternity clothes? Of course. Even those are getting snug! Don't they make twin maternity clothes?!
Sleep? Is a beautiful thing. We're averaging 10 hours at night, with the occasional midnight bathroom run.
Best moment this week? Coming up with a name that just fits. Now I just have to convince Jer.
Symptoms? Low energy is pretty much it right now. I am blessed!
Food cravings? Loaded cheese fries with ranch. Ice cream. 
Food aversions? None right now.
Gender? Two Boys, baby!
Labor signs? Nope, thank you Jesus!
Belly button in or out? It's getting frighteningly close to out...
What I miss? A bigger wardrobe.
What I'm looking forward to? Baby shower in a few weeks!
Bump? Absolutely. This pic is from Sunday:


2 comments: