Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Gettin' Real!

I just went back and read my last post and I cannot believe how much has changed in just under 3 weeks.

I mean, here we are at 35 weeks tomorrow! I now have the date and time our daughter will be born, I now have pictures of her, and I even have two painted rooms. Heck, her nursery is almost finished! So lots to update you on.

Let's start with her pictures! We went a couple weeks back and had an elective 3D/4D ultrasound done so we could see baby girls precious face a little early. We ooo'd and ahh'd at her for a solid 30 minutes and it was wonderful! We got to see her practice her breathing, stick her tongue out, and even yawn! We brought along my mom and mother-in-law, and two of our sisters. We are so blessed to have family that is so excited with us. This is far from the first grandchild on either side and yet they all are so thrilled and happy about her coming. So anyway, here are a few of the pictures!




That last one isn't a good shot of her face, but her hand cracks me up. She's either irritated with the tech poking around in her space or she was greeting us with the "live long and prosper" sign. 

While we were watching, pretty much all of the family agreed that she looks just like Maverick. Out of all three boys, he's got the "prettiest" features if that makes sense. Long eye lashes, big blue eyes, a sweet little face. I mean, all my boys are handsome, I'm digging myself a hole here. Anyway, I think she's gonna be a beauty! It was awesome to get a little preview of her face. *Side note: the ultrasound tech said her nose won't really be that big, all the babies look like they have huge noses on these scans. It was reassuring. *Another side note: we made her check, it's still a girl! I think I actually believe it's true now!

Alright, moving on. We painted the boys room a few weeks ago and got them all moved in together. I was so worried about how that would go, but honestly, it's been a breeze! They mostly stay in their beds and sleep just fine. Mav has been getting up super early again but that's pretty normal for him. I wish he would let Tuck sleep in but, of course, he wakes up and goes directly to his bro's bed to wake him up. Tuck doesn't love it. Tuck likes his sleep.  Tuck takes long naps to make up for it. 

Speaking of naps, I snapped this picture today. Mav woke up about an hour and a half into his nap and crawled into bed with Tucker. I figured he would wake him up, but instead, he passed out next to him. It was precious! 

How stinkin' cute are they?! They are trouble, sooooo much trouble, but they do stuff like this and I just melt. I love my boys!

We also painted the nursery! Ok, well I painted the nursery. My husband hates painting and avoids it like the plague. I don't mind it. It only took me a few hours (the wall paint, that is. The trim took foreverrrr) and I was mostly happy with it. It seems to have some bluer undertones that I don't love, but I'm wondering if that was just because I painted over green paint. I don't know. It's ok. Now that I have the crib and bedding all set up, it's all coming together. I hang some stuff on the walls and make some sort of headband/bow holder, but we're getting there. I'll be sure to post pictures when it's all done. 

As far as the pregnancy goes, not much has changed. It finally decided to get warmer here so my feet and ankles have swelled up a bit. She still moves like crazy and is flopping around in there as I type. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and all is well. We got our surgery time and all the paperwork for that. The doc was trying to get me to sign a tubal consent form "just in case" I decided I want one but Jeremy was there and neither of us wanted to go that route. It's not the kind of decision to make when you are only "pretty sure" you are done having kids. It was crazy to be handed paperwork with dates and times... this is really happening! 

I'm so ready for her. Up until this point I've been pretty nervous, knowing that this will be a real challenge for me with four kids. But I've embraced it now... goodbye sleep, goodbye sanity! I want my baby girl in my arms! 

5 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment