Saturday, October 17, 2015

Surviving the first 2 Months

I've been trying to update this for a while now. Two days ago I got as far as the heading. Today, I'm hoping to complete this, or the two month update will never get done. I'm pretty sure I only have about 15 minutes before Maverick wakes up.

So we've survived the first two months. I won't sugar coat it, I'm glad those first 8 weeks are behind me. We're getting the hang of things finally, and I'm starting to learn their personalities. I finally know pretty much what I can expect from them. Maverick won't nap for more than 45 minutes in his crib, but he'll nap in the wrap on my chest for as long as I'm willing to hold him in it. Tucker will nap for a couple hours, it's great. At night however, Tucker is the first to get up and eat. Maverick will go 6 hours. Although, that's even starting to change. I'm not sure if I should thank my new Dohm sound machine or not, but they both slept about 5- 6 hours straight the past two nights. After dealing with Easton, who hated any form of sleep, I'm in heaven with 5+ hours of straight sleep.

They eat well, and are gaining good weight. At their two month check ups, Tucker was an even 10 pounds (he was 6lbs 4 oz a week after birth) and Maverick is 8lbs, 9oz (he was 4lbs 15oz at his lowest point!). My little Maverick is the size of many newborns at two months old, but he's a strong little stinker. He's already rolled belly-to-back a few times!

They are starting to love their play gym with toys hanging off of it. They both will bat at the toys and talk to them. They love when we make goofy faces or funny noises. It's pretty easy to get a smile from them now!

We have our fussy times (usually in the afternoon for a while, and then again before bed) but we've managed to figure out which baby likes what to calm them down. If I'm alone, it's much harder to keep them happy though!

I'm keeping my sanity for now. Easton is fully embracing the terrible twos. He loves to get into trouble when I'm nursing. Thank God for washable markers, because otherwise I'd have some nice green doodles all over my kitchen floor.  I try to give him the attention he needs, but it's really hard right now. He loves when Daddy comes home from work and can play with him.

Also, I am officially a STAY AT HOME MOM! I didn't think I could work full time with twins, and now I'm completely sure about that. It just wouldn't work. I'm soooo happy that I am able to be home with my boys!

I guess that's all I can think of to update with. I'll leave you with some pics of my sweet boys!

(Maverick on left, Tucker on right)

My handsome Maverick

My sweet Tucker

3 comments:

  1. So happy to see you doing a bit better each update. I feel the same way you do...but no long stretches of sleep yet😟. But my twin girls are a week behind, and that makes a big difference at this age, right?! Please say there is hope!! Lol! Are your boy identical? Did dr say why such a weight difference? Can't wait to hear your full birth story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope yours start sleeping better for you soon! My boys are fraternal and I'm not sure why Maverick was so much smaller at birth. He'll probably catch up eventually, I'm just happy he's healthy!

      Delete
  2. Hannah - I am so excited that I found your blog!!! I have a 2 year old daughter and am expecting twin boys any day now. I look forward to hearing all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete