Saturday, October 3, 2015

Seven Weeks Old

As of Wednesday, the twins are 7 weeks old! We're almost out of the newborn stage and we're starting to try and get into a routine. Let me tell ya, twins are hard. The first 4 or 5 weeks were kind of a nightmare, to put it lightly. I don't want to speak too soon, but I think we're headed out of the woods. From what I hear from other twin moms, we won't be out of the woods completely until they turn one, but I'm headed down the path out anyway. If I had just one more hand, I'd be golden. I can hold a baby in each arm and rock or bounce them, but an extra hand would be helpful when the binky falls out or when Easton needs something that just can't wait. I'm getting creative, though.

The boys are growing well and nursing is going great. I think once they hit a month old, it became much easier. They latched well, I learned to nurse more discreetly, and we figured out some different holds for nursing.  Despite some serious weight loss the first week, we never had to supplement which I'm really proud of! No, I'm not judging anyone who has to use formula, but I was aiming to exclusively breast feed and we're being successful! Next week is their 2 month physical already, I'm anxious to see how much they've grown! At their lowest weights, Maverick was just under 5 pounds and Tucker barely over 6. I am thrilled to now be seeing thighs and cheeks getting chubbier!

My help is all back to work so most days it's just me and the three boys. I've managed to figure out how to time things well in order to be able to get a shower in, or throw a load of laundry in. I've heard that twin moms learn how to be really efficient with their time and I'm starting to see why! The amount of cleaning I can get done in 10 minutes is growing every day. It helps that the boys are becoming more aware of their surroundings and more content to just look around. Big Brother Easton is great at entertaining them and giving them lots of almost-gentle kisses. 

I still cannot believe that I had twins! It's such a challenge but such a blessing. The boys are quickly stealing my heart! It takes time to bond with your newborn, and I think even more when there are two of them, but we're there! Maverick's little lips are the sweetest things and his grins make me melt. I could kiss Tucker's cheeks all day and I love how he relaxes and closes his eyes when I rub his forehead. Tucker just finally started smiling this past week and it is the most incredible smile! Ok, besides his two brothers' smiles...

Sleeping is getting better. Maverick is starting to sleep 5-6 hours at a time at night. Tuck, who I affectionately call Fat Boy, can't go much longer than 3-4 hours. I'm still getting some sleep though. They are good about going right back to sleep after their midnight snacks.

I intended to update this blog much more often, and hopefully that will happen the more I learn to juggle three boys. They grow so much, whether or not anyone reads these, I want to be able to look back and remember the little things! It's definitely already going so quickly.

Better get back to my boys! Enjoy the pics:

Tuck on left, Maverick on right

Mr. Maverick

Baby butts!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I've been waiting for an update. I had identical twin girls Aug 20 and found your blog just before we had them. Ours were by csection too. And we are also nursing. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a rock star! My identical boys were born preemies in June but were due around the time yours were born. I can't imagine doing this with an older child too! It is so hard! I wish I could exclusive breastfeed them but I never got my supply up to where it needed to be with them being preemies and pumping. Way to keep it up and what a blessing! P.S. they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete