Friday, February 5, 2016

No, I am Not Dead!

In case you were wondering, I am, in fact, still alive and so are my three boys. We are one week shy of being able to say we made it 6 months with twins! I'm exhausted, I probably stink, my house is kind of a disaster, but we survived. Go us!

Right now, the stars have aligned and I somehow magically got all three boys to sleep at the same time. It's been about 13 minutes since I set the last boy down... this might be a new record. Aaaaaaaannnnd that will be about it. Maverick awakes.

Oh well, I can type one handed I guess.

Quick update: the boys are doing wonderfully!

Maverick is our little goof ball. He giggles at everything. He blows raspberries constantly. We call him Mavey James, Mav, MJ, Peanut. He is significantly smaller than his "little" bro. He gets up on all 4's and rocks, but hasn't quite mastered crawling. His hands and feet are constantly moving and we always lose his socks. He can be loud. He plays so well. He's a little ball of joy!

Tucker is Mr. Serious and looks and acts just like big bro Easton did at that age. He's strong. And chubby! We call him Tuck Tuck, Tuck the Tank, Tuck the turd, Fat Boy. He has two teeth! He gets very excited about eating. And we're only in week one of solid foods, but he really likes food. He'll be that kid to finish his and his brother's helping. He likes to give sloppy kisses. He would sleep next to mommy all night if I'd let him. Definitely a momma's boy!

They are still a LOT of work, and they don't really love to sleep so it's been a loooooong 6 months. But so much will change in the next few months. I'm excited to be starting solids and maybe be able to go a little longer between nursing sessions. I'm excited to see them start crawling and sit up by themselves. If they are anything like their older brother, they will be walking in less than 3 months. So much fun stuff!

Hopefully the next few months will bring just a little bit more freedom for me, which will include updating the blog more often.

Time's up for now though, all 3 are up! Here's to hoping I'll update again before they turn 1!

2 comments:

  1. Yea! I love the "I probably stink" part! I can so understand that one! I have been hoping all is well for you. Funny, I hadn't checked on your blog for a while(busy with my twin baby girls!) and just though I should look and see! I hear you on the hope for more freedom over the next 6 months...doesn't feel like so much longer because of all the discomfort of the pregnancy?? This month marks a year for me since knowing about my twins and I can't wait to be able to leave the girls for more than a "feeding cycle"! Lol! Keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, yes. On the very rare occasion that I get away, I have about a 2 hour window lol. It takes me 30 minutes to get to the closest target so that doesn't give me long to wander around 😊. (Target is usually my place to escape haha)

      Delete