Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Waiting Game

2 Days. 2 DAYS! I can hardly contain myself. I have a stupid grin on my face at work this morning, behind all the snot from this lovely cold I caught. In two days, we are heading to Baby's Bungalow to find out my twin's gender. Baby's Bungalow is this cute little place that does elective ultrasounds, and boasts gender determination at 13 weeks gestation. By Saturday, I will be 13 weeks, 3 days and we are hoping to find out both genders. We have both families coming with us to watch the ultrasound, followed by a big party in the evening with the whole family from both sides. There we will all find out together and eat and party the night away (or until about 8pm... my new bedtime). I cannot wait!!

I had my second prenatal appointment last week and my mom got to go with me. She was thrilled that they did an ultrasound to look at the heartbeats. I'm pretty sure these two babies have her wrapped around their fingers already! Other than the normal pap smear/physical (with Mom in the room... AWKWARD!), we just chatted about the babies. My doctor is surprisingly supportive of my desire to have a VBAC which is wonderful! The only stipulation: one or both have to be head down. I also have to deliver at a bigger hospital that is more accustomed to doing these types of deliveries. The doc said that she used to do breech deliveries during her residency, but isn't comfortable with them anymore. I love my doctor. She is so blunt, like me.  She said when a lady comes in "with legs hanging out of her vagina" then she will have to do a breech delivery. Such a wonderful image. Just think about it.

In other news, I have a doula! I'm very excited to have her help me through this. I'm not going to lie, the delivery scares me just a little bit, so it will be great to have a positive, encouraging lady by my side.  Her business is called Baby's Breath and she is a friend of mine. She is just starting out and will get to throw a VBAC with twins on her resume if all works out. I'm so glad her and I can help each other out. It's safe to say our friendship will be different after she sees me in labor and delivering babies. It like being drunk, some people are happy drunks and some are absolutely miserable drunks. I'm sure there are people out there that go through labor with a smile on their face, but the majority probably does some yelling/punching/fit-throwing. If anything, I probably won't take out my pain on my doula, it will be my poor husband. I remember my sister in labor and her husband turned the TV to Braveheart... maybe not the movie you want to make your wife watch during labor. I can just picture Jer doing the same thing. But I guess we will see! Should be interesting.

Last update: yes, I'm showing! The bump is not entirely made up of the chicken fingers and honey mustard I've been eating. Doc says I should be feeling movement in two or three weeks! So exciting. Babies are the size of peaches this week. Precious! Makes me thing of Psalm 139:


"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 
My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be."


It is crazy to think that every day of my twin's lives are already known by God. He knows what they will look like, what their personalities will be like, what hobbies they will have, what friends they will make, when they will get married. What an awesome God we serve! And to think that he is carefully knitting them together in my womb right now! What a miracle.

Well, thanks for reading all my rambling, so much is going through my head right now! It's nice to write it all out. I will be sure to update on Saturday with genders!

No comments:

Post a Comment