Saturday, January 5, 2019

Happy 2019!

Another Christmas has come and gone so fast that I'm left spinning in a pile of new toys and clutter. It's a new year and I'm starting it off with a new mantra: minimalism. Not like crazy levels where I only own 3 shirts and 2 bowls. The kind where I'm going through every corner of my house and purging. Not saving for some yard sale I will never do, getting rid of it. Donating some, tossing others. I have been following a minimalist blogger for about a year now (Allie Casazza) and she said something the other day that made so much sense. In different words she basically said that the waste doesn't happen when you get rid of something, it happens when you buy something you don't need. So I'm trying to let go of things that I could potentially sell for a few bucks and saving my sanity (and safety... no creepy internet buyers coming to my house!). It's been a wonderful week and I can already feel less stressed!

I have a few other new years resolutions. The past few years have been survival mode, but I'm feeling like I actually can have some goals for a change. Reading more (especially the Bible), playing the piano more, spend less time on my phone, lose a few pounds, yell less at my kids, finally wean my daughter (yup, still nursing). We'll see how much of it actually happens, but it's nice to have a focus for the year.

Another big thing this year is working on my growing little business. My mother in law and I started a little side business selling signs and decor that has done pretty decent this last year. It was nice to have extra money coming in around the holidays, but we're at a point where we need a better plan and vision for our little business. I have a degree in business but motherhood has made me forget any former life... all my brain is filled with now is seemingly useless information... which kid likes his pb&j cut what way, which kid likes what cereal, which kid prefers the green bowl and which cup Hadley will drink the most out of... you know, that kind of stuff.  But I think a little research and some advice from friends and family who own their own businesses, I think we could go a little farther and really bring in some extra money.

So lots going on in my mind lately. And as always, a lot going on in my house as well. The boys  are as crazy as ever and my daughter is getting sassier by the day. They are all so sweet, though! All of them will randomly tell me the love me and I get more hugs than I can stand in a day. Tucker, especially, just loves to hang on me. Hadley, of course, is still nursing and still not sleeping great so I spend a lot of time with her. She's got some spice but oh man, what a sweetie lately. Her version of "love you" sounds more like "la oo" but it's the best thing ever. She knows it makes me melt.

Life is kind of wonderful right now. I really am loving being a stay at home mom. God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams and every day I try to be grateful for being able to stay at home. My hubby works his butt off for our family and I do my best to not take that for granted. I remember the point when I couldn't stay home with Easton and my heart just ached every day that I had to leave him. Even though the days get monotonous and I spend most of the day doing things that I will need to redo tomorrow, I am learning to find joy in it. I get to spend every day with the cutest little people ever in our snug little warm home, and I get to do it in leggings (praise the sweet Lord!).

Not sure where I was going with all of that, but anyway it's an update. Just so I don't ever forget the little details, I'll end with my favorite things about the kids right now:

Easton- he is turning into quite the little leader, even making Kindergartener of the month in his class in November! He is dad's little buddy, at his side any chance he can. He's still my best helper too, even though he's at school most of the day. He enjoys school, but says "it takes too long to come home" and that he misses me (awwwwww).  He's already talking about wanting to be 6, and then 7, and then 8 and I just want my little 3 year old Easton forever! But I love watching this kid grow. He's already starting to read and loves to learn. He asks a million questions and soaks it all in.

Maverick- well, he's still trouble. We're learning what works with him though. He responds much better to praise and will act better if he feels that we are happy with him. We also were gifted a punching bag for Christmas and it helps him get some of his crazy out, haha. He went with me to the grocery store the other day and it seemed like he was having the time of his life.  He definitely is better behaved with a little more one on one time. He loves power rangers and dinosaurs and is by far my best eater. He is his father in every way and it's hilarious to watch Jeremy interact with his little mini-me.

Tucker- this kid is build so athletically but would rather sing and snuggle than use his muscles. He is a total ham and likes to be goofy when everyone is watching. He plays well by himself and doesn't get as bored as his twin. He tells me he loves me probably 30 times a day. He still is a crazy boy though, jumping off the top bunk bed onto his brother's bed and climbing everything. He's always hungry but picky, so that's fun. Not ten minutes after finishing his cinnamon toast crunch, he's asking for a snack. My grocery bill will be insane when he and his brothers grow up a little more.

Hadley- this girl. She is my mini-me. Jer always used to call me a sour patch kid (first they are sour, then they are sweet), and she is the same. She demands to nurse and throws an absolute fit if I don't let her, then will unlatch to say "la oo!" (love you) and I immediately forget her hissy fit. It's her way or the high way (supposedly I'm the same way, but I don't see it ☺). She is literally the best though. So cute and sweet and smart and adorable. She is saying so many words and is already so interested in the potty! She loves all babies and stuffed animals. We got her a little pink shopping cart for Christmas and she pushes her little babies around and gives them their bottles. She wants me close at all times, even at night. She has to be holding my hand to sleep and it's a pain but something I will miss so badly some day. She's still a little peanut but finally starting to fit into 18 month clothes and she's finally eating more. I put her on our home scale yesterday and she was barely over 22 pounds. Oh, and my new favorite thing... she likes to try to talk to my google home. She will go to the counter and start yelling "google! google!" Man, I love that little girl

Kids suck the life outta you but bring so much joy. I love this life!








1 comment: