Sunday, September 3, 2017

Hadley's Nursery

I had to wait until after Hadley was born to show off her nursery since it had her name all over it. I love the way this room turned out. It may not be the trendiest nursery, but it's something that I really like and that's all that matters. Let's be honest, even Hadley doesn't care right now. 

This was my first girl nursery to decorate but not my first nursery, so I tried to reuse some things from the twins room. I had so much gray and white chevron that I wasn't sick of yet so I incorporated it in her room. I went to Joann's and grabbed 3 other fabrics to go with the chevron crib sheets and carried around pieces of those fabrics for months. My mother-in-law made the crib bedding and quilt... aren't they beautiful? The only piece she didn't make was the crib sheet which was from the twins nursery.  The big H was just a wooden letter from Hobby Lobby that I painted. I planned on doing something more with it but I liked the solid color above the bedding. 

I stole the changing pad cover and dresser from the twins nursery as well and added some mint. I tried my hand at something new and did some canvases with hand lettering. They turned out ok for a newbie! The star light is from Target and is just as cool as you'd imagine with the lights off. I still need a lamp though. That shade-less piece of junk just doesn't fit. 

The cube shelf came from the twins' room as well. The headband holder was one of my favorite things we made. I grabbed a piece of scrap from the garage, painted it, and drilled some holes... it turned out so cute and useful! 

The chandelier was an old piece that my sister-in-law redid for her wedding! She graciously let me use it for Hadley's nursery, really adding some extra glam to the room!

If I had unlimited funds, I would have probably splurged for a white crib and a new rocker but on the other hand, it's kind of cool that I've rocked four precious babies in that chair! I'm a pretty practical person, so I was happy to reuse some of the twins' things. After all, they were less than two years old!

I didn't grab a picture of the window, but my mother-in-law also made a roman shade with the mint fabric. It's super cute!!

I love finally having a girly room in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment