Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Perpetual Winter.

With three boys and northeast winters, we are so ready for spring by the time March comes. To say that we have cabin fever is an understatement. Here it is mid-march and its still snowing, adding to what's already on the ground. I mean, we get excited about 40 degree days, it's that bad.  I went to school near Philadelphia and their spring seemed to come on time. By the end of March, there were signs of life everywhere! Here, it's not until May that we even get to see leaves on the trees.  That's the price we pay for not having to deal with hurricanes, or poisonous snakes/spiders, or tornadoes. I guess we'll survive.

Even though we do have cabin fever, the company couldn't be better. And if you take three seconds to top and start listing the things we're grateful for, the complaining over the weather ceases almost instantly. It's pathetic, really. What do I lack? Sure, sunshine may seem brighter and more joyful, but I have four little sunshines in my house right now, full of life and brightness! And we're cozied up in our small but warm and comfy home, and my morning coffee is still (mostly) warm.  I even have a bunch of songbirds hanging at my feeder lately, including a bright cardinal couple that makes makes me go awwwww.  Long story short, I'm not going to complain!! Life is wonderful. God has heaped his blessings on me and I've got too many to worry about what the weather is doing.

We have a mini-vacation coming up this weekend, though! Two days at an indoor water park will definitely be a pick-me-up! I think I'm more excited than the kiddos. We went last year just for one night and had an absolute blast. The boys are older and will be more independent this year so it should be awesome! Hopefully Hadley will cooperate a little bit. I'm thinking maybe the sound of rushing water will help her pass out when it's nap time. We'll make it work either way. Both sets of grandparents are coming with us and a few Aunts/Uncles so we'll have lots of help!

Other than that, our schedule is pretty light for the next few weeks/months. I like to spend these last few weeks of spring making plans for warmer weather.  I'm excited to get in my gardens and clean up the yard. I had to start my gardens from scratch when we bought the house (5 years ago) and I had no clue what I was doing (still don't!) so I like to add a few new perennials every year.  I've had bad luck with bulbs from Walmart so last year I got a few more mature plants from home depot. I think I'll go someplace local this year and get a few new perennials and a bunch of annuals. I don't ever fertilize them and still somehow my annuals end up really taking off.

Wow, birds, gardens... when did I get so old? This fall I turn 30 so I guess it's okay to have more mature hobbies. I'm not sure that I care, though!! Flowers make me happy. Joanna Gaines likes plants so it must be cool. (She is the standard of cool). And if I don't dream of spring than I start to go crazy with all this gray.

So today, I'm going to plan for our little get-a-way, maybe look at a plant catalog, and fire up the grill in the snow for dinner. Spring is coming!




No comments:

Post a Comment